Okay, so after the fact I realized that it wasn’t quite as dramatic as the Genesis, but you would have had a hard time of convincing me otherwise when we re-wired (ah-hem, created light) and fixed up the plumbing at Bunker Hill.
First, we tackled was the lower level. Keep in mind, that this space was once filled with refrigerators (b/c who doesn’t need five of them?), bags of clothes, pianos, etc. But now that it was cleared out and the framing was done, our soon to be family room, bathroom and laundry room were taking shape. And, the wiring/plumbing was pretty straight forward — this is what we did:
- Added recessed lighting
- Hardwired a carbon monoxide/fire detector
- Installed vanity lights and an overhead light/fan in the bathroom
- Included outlets throughout per code
- Hooked up plumbing for the toilet, shower, sink, washer/dryer
Throughout the whole house we:
- Replaced the copper pipes that had been stolen/cut (if you remember, this happened on my birthday …)
- Fixed up the wiring/plumbing
- Replaced old light fixtures with new ones
- Updated the heat to a new hot water heating system power vented via new baseboard. Of note, the system came with a defect from the factory – which neither the store we bought it from, or the company representative that came out was able to identify. Luckily, Glenno figured out the issue and we were able to get resolved.